Here in North Carolina, you will find a total of 760 cities & towns. The biggest cities by population include Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, Durham, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville, Cary, Wilmington, High Point, and Concord.
There are 100 counties in the state of North Carolina. The oldest county, Chowan County, was established in 1668, and the newest, Avery County, was established in 1911.
There are a lot of fun facts about NC
- The largest city is Charlotte.
- The state capital of North Carolina is Raleigh.
- The Wright brothers completed their first flight in Kitty Hawk.
- North Carolina’s state flower is Flowering Dogwood.
- Three presidents have come from North Carolina.
- Mount Mitchell is the highest point in North Carolina.
- Whitewater Falls is the highest waterfall in the east of the Rockies.
- It’s the 9th most populous state.
- Krispy Kreme was founded in North Carolina.
- North Carolina is the birthplace of Pepsi-Cola
- North Carolina grows more sweet potatoes than any other state.
- The tallest lighthouse in North Carolina is Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.
- North Carolina has the largest natural habitat zoo in the world.